Relations between religion and science entered a new phase after the development of information technology. Acceleration and expansion offered by information technology has developed in such a way that it affects human existence and how to do things in ways that were not thought of before. The progress implies that many of the existing understandings, social practices and norms are in a position of necessity to contest, adapt, and even change. If not, then we will miss many things both opportunities and roles. Furthermore, if this development is not adequately anticipated, we may not only fail to anticipate contemporary challenges, but also fail to understand the complexity of reality.In the field of scientific studies the above phenomena have received numerous and varied responses from many circles. In relation to the relationship between religion (Islam), science, and technology, many scientific studies have been conducted as richly as possible, and have produced interesting findings.In acknowledgment of the pressures between science and religion, and as inquiry about progressively enters value-laden areas, propositions have been made for researchers to lock in with other communities on the moral, lawful, and social suggestions of science and innovations and for the ‘public voice’ to be brought into the developmental stages of decision-making. Such measures, it is contended, ought to result in socially reasonable ways for logical advancement.
UIN Mataram and UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta are pleased to announced that it will be hosting the 2nd ICONIST 2019 from 3 to 5 Oct 2019 in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. This international level conference its aim to be more specific in the development and cutting-edge papers related to Islam, Sciences and Technology.
The main goal of the ICONIST 2019 is to provide an opportunity for academicians and professionals from various Islamic Sciences and Technology related fields from all over the world to come together and learn from each other. An additional goal of the conference is to provide a place for academicians and professionals with cross-disciplinary interests related to Islam, Sciences and Technology to meet and interact with members inside and outside their own disciplines.
ICONIST 2019 aims to be a premier venue for researchers and industry practitioners to share their new ideas, original research results and practical development experiences from in Islamic Sciences and Technology. All accepted conference papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) services, e.g. EI, DBLP and Thomson Reuters (Web of Science). Top quality papers after presented in the conference will be selected for extension and publication in international one of the following 4 international journals (Scopus indexed):International Journal of Web Information Systems (IJWIS), Journal of Mobile Multimedia (JMM), International Journal of Mobile Computing and Multimedia (IJMCMC) and IJPCC with some revisions.
ICONIST 2019 covers, but not limited to, the following main topics:
1. Heritage and Islamic civilization
2. Wellness and Quality of Life
3. Science & Technology
4. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Engineering
5. Law, Shariah, Society, and Technology
6. New Challenges of Higher Education Transformations
7. Perspectives in Psychology: between islamic and conventional
8. New Trends in Economic Studies: Responding the Rise of Islamic Bank and Finance
9. Challenges in Technology Revolutions 4.0
10. Contemporary issues in pedagogy: language, science and culture
11. Islam and Local Wisdom: Islam Nusantara Revisited
12. Reshaping Scientific Culture in Muslim Societies
13. Religion and Epistemology: Old topics, New debate
14. Rethinking Islamic Studies: Between humanities and social sciences
15. New Perspectives in Science and technology
16. Rebuilding Legal Traditions in Muslim World: Conflict and Reconciliation
17. Herbal Industry and Medical Innovations
Islam, Science, and Technology: Contemporary Discourses and Challenges
Prof. Abdul Wahab
Kulliyah of Information and Communication, IIUM, Malaysia
Prof. Moh Fauzan Noordin
International Islamic University Malaysia
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Shirley Ann Baker
Alliant International University, USA
Prof. Dr. H. Mutawali, M. Ag
Universitas Islam Negeri Mataram, Indonesia
Prof. Dr. Hj. Amany Burhanuddin Umar Lubis, Lc., M.A.
Rektor Universitas Islam Negeri Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta
|Full Manuscript Submission||May 10, 2019|
|Notification of Acceptance||August 12, 2019|
|Final Camera Ready||September 9, 2019|
|Registration Deadline||September 2, 2019|
|Conference Date||October 3-5, 2019|
- Contact No : (Desi Nahartini) / 0812-1094-0424 (Mu’min Rauf)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org